In a series on “Men of Prayer,” I had the opportunity to share about David. The following are the materials I produced for the sharing. Take note that the materials were prepared for a College & University audience and as such, is not as detailed as could be. However, if you find them useful for your personal edification and/or for the edification of your ministry/local church, please use them without hesitation. God bless!
– Old Testament (OT) and New Testament (NT) words for “repent,” “repentance”
- David’s Sin
– 2 Samuel 11
- David’s Prayer
– Psalms 51
- David’s Restoration
– 2 Samuel 12; 1 Kings 9:4-5; 1 Kings 14:8
- NT examples
– Saul/Paul (1 Timothy 1:12-16)
– The Pharisee & the Publican (Luke 18:9-14)
- Modern day example
– David Berkowitz (Son of Sam killer)
– Revelation 12:9-10; Hebrews 7:24-25; 1 John 2:1; 1 John 1:9
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the individual author, and they do not reflect in any way those of the institutions to which he is affiliated.